Pests Don’t Stand a Chance!
In addition to bugging you, pests pose serious risks to your health and property – all year long. No matter what season it is, they will sneak into your home searching for food, water and a comfortable habitat.
Keeping them out of your home is not a one-time event – it’s a year-round process.
Cockroaches, mosquitos and rodents carry various diseases, so it’s important to keep them in their place.
Our pest control technicians work to deliver solutions – rooted in science – that protect every home.
The Top Pests:
Australia is host to a few thousand of the more than 35,000 species of spiders we find in the world. We have some of the most dangerous spiders in the world.
Spiders love our homes. They live in wall cracks, air vents, corners and in the eaves of your home where it is warm and/or dark. Other spider species prefer the outdoors – your garden, washing line or outside lights where they spin their webs.
Most Common Types of Spiders
Tree Funnel Web
White tailed spider
Daddy long legged spider
Black house Spider (Black Spider)
Golden Orb or Orb Weaver Spider
St Andrew’s Cross Spider
Brown House Spider (Cupboard Spider)
Tarantula Australian Spider
Funnel Web Spider (Sydney funnel web)
All spiders in Red are classed a dangerous please see notes below for instruction of what to do if bitten.
Absolute Sparkle Cleaning’s spider control service
Many people are happy to tolerate the presence of spiders whilst others can’t handle them.
People with a real fear of spiders need a professional for an effective spider control program. Large or repeat infestations also require a professional spider control service.
Absolute Sparkle Cleaning has local technicians with expert knowledge about spider species. We provide effective control of existing problems with quick and effective targeted treatment for your home or business. We can also tell you how to spot the early signs of an infestation and guarantee complete removal of an infestation.
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 to discuss our professional services.
Absolute Sparkle Cleaning’s spider inspection and monitoring service
With our professional spider inspection and monitoring service you’ll have the reassurance you need for complete control of your spider problem.
Our service includes:
- FREE business site survey
- 24 hour response
- Qualified expert technicians in the habits and lifecycle of spiders.
- Treatment advice and targeted spider treatment which include web clearing treatments, insecticidal sprays, insecticidal fogging and heat treatment.
- Treatment options that best suits your business needs, with minimum disruption to your daily operation.
- Monitoring: strategically positioned insect monitor units which is designed to trap spiders without attracting them.
- Treatments that comply with all legal and health & safety requirements.
Do you require spider removal for your business?
Large infestations of spiders can be frightening. A serious spider problem can prove difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 for a FREE survey of your business premises.
Spider bites – What to do?
- Redback spider:– SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. Apply an ice pack to the bite to reduce the pain. Keep the bite victim calm and immobile.
- Funnel web spider:– SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. Apply a pressure immobilisation bandage to the bite and the adjacent limb. Example: for a bite on the toe treat the entire leg and restrict further movement.
- Mouse spider:– SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. Symptoms can be similar to that of a funnel-web spider. Apply a pressure immobilisation bandage to the bite and the adjacent limb. Example: for a bite on the toe treat the entire leg and restrict further movement.
- Black house spider:– WATCH AND ACT. The following symptoms can occur: local swelling and pain, nausea, vomiting, sweating, muscular pain, headache and dizziness. In a few cases skin lesions, necrotising arachnidism have been recorded after bites. Apply a cold pack to relieve pain. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
- White-tailed spider:– WATCH AND ACT. The following symptoms can occur: burning pain, swelling and itchiness. Occasionally, blistering has been reported. If pain and swelling persist seek medical attention.
- Golden orb or orb weaver spider:– Not usually harmful to humans but WATCH AND ACT. The following symptoms can occur: mild local pain, numbness and swelling, including nausea and dizziness. Seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
Absolute Sparkle Cleaning’s spider identification chart
Download and print your own spider identification chart to keep at home or work.
If you have spotted signs of spiders, we can offer professional treatments for complete removal of your problem.
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 to discuss our spider control treatments for your home or business.
Cockroaches have become a massive pest. They are closely associated with the human environment and are attracted to buildings where there is food, moisture and, in colder climates, warmth.
Cockroaches feed on almost anything – human foods, dead animals, faeces, glue, fellow cockroaches and organic materials like cardboard. They can readily transmit diseases which they pick up from the filth in their surroundings.
We have several different types of Cockroaches in Australia but the two main ones are the American Cockroach and the Australian Cockroach.
Professional products and solutions are powerful enough to eliminate all stages of the lifecycle of a cockroach
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 to discuss and book a reliable cockroach control service.
Rats are known to transmit serious diseases. Nearly a dozen diseases are directly linked to rats. That’s why it is important to eradicate rats.
Rats in your home doesn’t mean your place is dirty. Rats can squeeze through very small holes and wherever there are food, water and shelter – rats will try to gain access.
They don’t give up and if they manage to get into your home or business they can spread these diseases, contaminate food and cause considerable damage.
What damage can rats cause?
- Chew through floor joists and walls,
- Chew through electrical cables,
- Damage your home’s insulation,
- Undermine hill sides and structures like retaining walls.
How to get rid of rats without poison or traps?
Other than traditional traps, bait stations with the bait, or rodenticide is used. This is safe to use even in areas where there are children and pets.
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 to avoid costly damage to your property and to prevent the transfer of diseases.
Absolute Sparkle Cleaning has qualified local technicians with expert knowledge about reliable control methods to offer a long term solution to rat problems. We use a large selection of rodenticides suitable for use indoors and outdoors, in a wide range of formulations.
It is a painful experience to be stung by a wasp or bee. Furthermore, it can be life threatening to anyone who may be allergic to stings. However, it is possible to reduce these risks by taking sensible precautions and ensuring that wasp or bee nests are properly managed.
If you see high numbers of wasps in or around your home or garden chances are good there is a nest nearby.
Wasp nest must be treated early to reduce the threat of a wasp stings. A wasp nest in summer can contain thousands of wasps. Treatment is critical if you want to reduce the risk of painful wasp stings and get rid of wasps buzzing around your house.
Wasp nest treatment and removal
The treating and removal of wasp nests should not be attempted by an untrained person, it can be very dangerous. Wasps become aggressive and defend their nest and young when they feel threatened.
Wasp nests don’t necessarily need to be removed to get rid of wasps. To get rid of wasps you can treat it and the nesting wasps.
A wasp nest found in late summer will almost certainly require professional treatment due to the high risk of wasp stings. At this time, it may contain thousands of individual wasps.
If a wasp nest is not on your property, you will have very limited control and removing it may not always be a possible solution
Nests located in confined, hard-to-reach areas (such as cavity walls) will also be more difficult to treat.
Our Wasp Control Solution
At Absolute Sparkle Cleaning, we offer a complete wasp control solution.
- All our qualified technicians have the expertise to identify the specific species.
- They wear special protective gear to keep them safe during removal or treatment.
- Based on the location of the nest, all treatments are customised to ensure effective control.
- Our technicians will offer expert advice to help prevent future problems.
- After treatment (after a minimum of 48 hours to allow complete treatment of the whole wasp colony), we can come back to remove the nest. This extra visit will incur an additional charge. However, it is not always possible to remove a nest (if it’s within a wall cavity or enclosed area)
Arrange for a professional wasp nest treatment just contact us online or give us a call on 0415 999 779
Want to avoid a wasp problem? Wasp prevention tips:
It is easier to prevent a wasp problem before they invade your home or garden. To keep your family safe from painful stings it is best to teat wasp nest early.
- Check in early spring in and around your home and garden for nests. Early small nests (walnut size) have fewer wasps and are easier to treat quickly. Look in garages, sheds, lofts, wall cavities and under eaves.
- Make sure outside bins have tightly fitting lids. Wasps are attracted to the contents of bins so it’s best to keep them away from doors and windows.
- To prevent wasps entering inside your house its best to keep windows and doors shut.
- Behaviour changes – how you handle food and drink outsides can help to deter wasps.
- Stay safe. Keep children and pets away from the area If you have noticed a nest.
Need a professional solution?
- Peace of mind safety in and around your home.
- Guaranteed, safe wasp nest treatment within 2 working days.
- Qualified, local technicians require just one 30 – 45 minute visit to effectively treat a nest.
Contact Absolute Sparkle Cleaning online or give us a call on 0415 999 779 to arrange an inspection and wasp treatment